Physical Therapy & Rehab
Physical Therapy & Rehab
As a patient at Allied Physicians & Rehab we teach you special "blueprint" exercises designed just for you to help strengthen and correct your unique problem. These exercises can be performed in the comfort of your own home and can improve the effectiveness of your spinal correction. We will teach you specific exercises and stretches to help your body stay in balance and in health. Along with therapy exercises we also offer different therapies that will help the body heal faster and help alleviate many of those aggravating aches and pains. When combining these therapies into a treatment plan it helps speed recovery time after injuries and keeps the body active to help the patient maintain their health and wellness.
- Infrared Light Therapy - Infrared light therapy provides many of the health benefits of natural sunlight without any of the dangerous effects of solar radiation. Infrared heat is not ultraviolet radiation. Infrared energy travels 2-3″ deep into the body and increases blood circulation and nourishes damaged tissue.
- Electric Muscle Stimulation (EMS) - is the elicitation of muscle contraction using electric impulses. The impulses are generated by a device and delivered through electrodes on the skin in direct proximity to the muscles to be stimulated. The impulses mimic the action potential coming from the central nervous system, causing the muscles to contract. EMS is both a form of electrotherapy and of muscle training. EMS should be used under supervision of an authorized practitioner, for the following uses:
- Relaxation of muscle spasms
- Prevention or retardation of disuse atrophy
- Increasing local blood circulation
- Muscle re-education
- Immediate post-surgical stimulation of calf muscles to prevent venous thrombosis
- Maintaining or increasing range of motion.
- Therapy Exercises - Phases Rehab - Phases rehab is one of the most effective patient home-care exercise tools. Phases rehab is a simple yet versatile home-care exercise program. The patient can do their therapy in the office or do it in the comfort of their own home. We use it in the office daily to reinforce the importance of patient involvement in any treatment plan.
- The Pettibon System - Proven spine and posture correction. Pettibon is a comprehensive rehabilitation program for the spine's hard and soft tissues. It uses x-rays for diagnosis, assessing progress, and proof of treatment effectiveness. It tests each patient's ability to respond to care, and trains patients in home care for faster correction.
- Ultrasound -Ultrasound is a therapeutic treatment
using high-frequency sound waves administered in the region of soft
tissue injuries. Ultrasound treatment can usually be administered to
the area of complaint, penetrating deep into the body. The rise in
temperature increases blood flow, relaxes muscle spasms, massages
damaged tissues and speeds the healing process. Some benefits from
- Stimulates healing without irritation
- Speeds metabolisms and improves blood flow
- Reduces nerve root irritation
- Enhances the body's natural healing ability
- Highly effective in treating calcium deposition
- Superficial Heat - Superficial heat is used to calm
tissues suffering from long term spasms or irritation and is an easy
way to increase flexibility, range of motion and promote increased
circulation to speed up the healing process. Some benefits of
superficial heat include:
- Helps increase circulation
- Relaxes muscle tension
- Reduces joint stiffness
- Prepares tissues for rehabilitation
If you feel that any of these therapies can benefit you and your condition please fill out the form below and someone will contact you as soon as possible. You can also call our office at (618) 529-5172 to schedule your appointment today.